Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Sermon

Who am I?

Have you ever asked yourself, "Who am I?"
The answer will differ depending on if you have a relationship with Christ or not. Why you ask? ..Christianity is a specific way to understand the world and to understand life. By knowing Christ, I know that life isn't about me, it is about God. To most, the purpose of life consists of having fun, material things and pleasure because tomorrow is uncertain. Christ teaches me to let God's heart, attitude, and behavior define who I am. God is the roadmap of my life...how exciting! When we understand the Savior, we will discover his kingdom.

Who am I? I'm a firm believer in Christ, a server of Christ, an advocate of Christ. Were here to glorify God and to live for Him. To glorify God means to live with such a passionate devotion to the Holy One, His person, His purpose, and His praise.

My friend, who are you?

Glorifying God: Our purpose in life.
Psalm 115:1,9-18;Phil.3: 4-11

3 comments:

  1. i respect what you say, but don't beleive we should revolve our life around an ideal of we should be good for a greater person, we should come togethor and be good for ourselves, and humanity as a whole, sometimes i feel religion slows things down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. xYellowBirdx: Being a follower of Christ isn't a religion. It's a relationship.

    Brooke: I love this post. Keep allowing God to lead and you'll always end up in the right place. I know who I am...I am His!

    ReplyDelete